Sunday, November 14, 2010

Summer 1

So I thought I would do a quick recap of The Stocking Family Summer 2010. I will leave out a lot of fluff for sake of time.

1. My summer started out by a Girls Mt. Biking Trip to Moab in May. We arrived Friday morning and road Slick Rock Trail which proved to me a long cardo tiring day. It was a 12 mile loop that is all solid rock and nothing but steep ups and downs. It is hard to learn to trust the rock but amazingly your tires stick to the rock so you almost defy gravity.
We then got up the next day and rode the Whole Enchilada. I certainly underestimated this trail we rode around 20 miles of this trail which took us most of the day. What can I say we were a group of girls just out to enjoy our ride, some people can do this trail in 3 hours. This trail was quite the opposite of the day before trail, instead of being smooth solid rock it was choppy rocks and was really jarring. But we finished and It was a fun and satisfying day.

1 comment:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

One word....BAM!! You're awesome! :)